About this website
The FRA e-Media Toolkit brings together factual reporting examples from different media genres, and practical tools such as checklists. It provides the media with guidance to enhance quality journalism. It is a restricted online platform where registered users can access a wide range of information and learning resources in the field of journalism and fundamental rights.
The toolkit is built using Moodle, an Open Source Learning Management System that is used by tens of millions people worldwide.
When deciding how Moodle should present its content for best Web accessibility, the WCAG 2.0 guidelines are followed.
As many parts of the Moodle user interface are dynamic and interactive, we follow the ARIA recommendations to inform assistive technologies, such as screen-readers.
A computer running a current operating system that supports a recent browser.
- Access to the Internet. DSL or Broadband access is recommended.
- An up-to-date browser with Cookies enabled.
- Anti-virus software with current updates.
- Word processing software is needed to complete and submit some assignments.
- Some courses will require specific software, hardware, plugins or applications. If so, you will typically see a message asking if you want to install the needed software.